ABUJA, Nigeria – The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board has released 279 additional results from the 2026 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination after concluding investigations into suspected malpractice cases.
The examination body announced the development on Thursday through its spokesperson, Fabian Benjamin, who said the results were initially withheld during routine integrity checks conducted after the nationwide examination.
Benjamin explained that some candidates were cleared after investigations found no credible evidence linking them to examination malpractice, while results connected to confirmed infractions had been cancelled.
He added that several examination centres and candidate results flagged by monitoring teams for suspicious activities remain under investigation.
“Results linked to adverse reports and suspicious activities are still being reviewed and will only be released if candidates are cleared of wrongdoing,” he said.
According to the board, any result found to be associated with malpractice, or examination misconduct will be invalidated in line with existing regulations.
JAMB advised candidates yet to access their results to send “UTMERESULT” to either 55019 or 66019 using the phone number used during registration.
The 2026 UTME was conducted between April 16 and April 25 across accredited computer-based test centres nationwide.
The board has intensified efforts in recent years to strengthen examination integrity through biometric verification, surveillance systems and digital monitoring aimed at curbing impersonation and examination fraud.
Education stakeholders have continued to call for stricter enforcement measures against malpractice to preserve the credibility of Nigeria’s tertiary admission process.
